[TR] TR6: Pertronix ignition, worth switching to?

Greg one_second_zero at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 12:36:37 MDT 2007

Hi, I saw that TRF has the Pertronix electronic ignition on sale this weekend for $89 and was wondering if those of you who are using this set up would recommend it.  I'm currently running stock points and haven't really had any specific problems with reliability, but have wondered if my still slightly erratic idle might be ignition related. (I just had the carbs sent away and rebuilt and tuned them, so they *should* be fine.)  So, those that have used the Pertronix, are you happy with the results and the quality?  Does it really gain anything over stock points?  Do I have to use the their coil with it or can I use the OEM Lucas sports coil (which I just bought)?

  thanks, Greg H
  1976 TR6