[TR] cleaning the GT6 exhaust

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu Apr 3 14:57:29 MST 2008

Thanks for the quick reply, Randall.

On 3 Apr 2008 at 14:43, Randall wrote:

> Less HC, CO, CO2 or NOx ?

Less HC, I think.

> As a very rough rule of thumb, high HC is usually ignition
> problems, while high CO is usually a mixture problem.  But
> things like funky valve adjustment or timing can cause both
> of them.

I try to keep the valves locked into spec.  I have noticed that a
change of just .001" seems to make a big difference, at least in how
smoothly it idles.

> Little details like what emissions equipment it has might
> be helpful too ...

Essentially none.  The PCV valve is in place.  Carbs are HS4 SU's
with individual K&N air cleaners.  That's what it's had since I
bought it.

As for my emission testing equipment, that's my nose.  And the state
of my clothes when I get to where I'm going after idling at enough
stoplights.  All very hi-tech equipment, you know.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+