[TR] First Start Up

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun Apr 6 16:58:53 MDT 2008

I shared this gem with some TR friends today but it's time to share it with
everyone.....I got the engine and 5 speed installed last Sunday and spent
the week getting all the engine pieces, cooling system, driveshaft etc.
hooked up. Today was the day to start her up. Turned on the key, listened
for the electric fuel pump...so far so good...turned the key more and the
dormant TBI system fired her right up.......except for that incessant
screeching! OMG....it's the pilot bushing on the end on the tranny input
shaft. I've got to pull the tranny to fix. I go in the house and my wife
says..."I heard the car start right up but it sounds like a belt or
something squealing". Back to the garage, loosen the alternator and the new
belt and fire it up again. Now it's just a squeal, quiet, squeal,
quiet.....as I look at the alternator, I realize that the alternator fan is
hitting the bracket! A slight adjustment and all is happy in Hooville! God,
I love my wife!

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection