[TR] Who went driving this weekend? And also: Another Broken TR4 Vacuum Advance Line

Will Daehler wdaehler at wi.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 19:22:33 MDT 2008

Who went driving in a Triumph this weekend?

Inquiring minds want to know.  Here in Milwaukee I was able to finally get
out to the garage without stepping through any snow banks.  Sure there's a
bit of snow left in the heavily shaded areas, but winter is just about over,
and I found a path.

It's almost time to get out and drive!  It broke 50 degrees today, but at no
point was there even a hint of warmth in the air, as it there was just a
penetrating chill off Lake Michigan.

Onto the topic, I was checking out my car, and noticed the vacuum advance
line was broken again, right where it mounts under the SU carburetor.  Hey,
I just replaced it two years ago. It's broken already?  I'm sure it's caused
by the engine vibration, where the metal fatigues right next to the
connection point.

Anyway, is there anyway to repair this and avoid the gouge? Do I need a
two-fisted bubble flaring tool?

Will in Wisconsin
63 TR4 Powder Blue