[TR] Exhaust and alternator problems

Bob Rochlin r_rochlin at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 14 05:20:37 MDT 2008

I got the car out for a coffee run with my daughter yesterday and  I was
rolling fat when the negative battery cable fell off.  (I've got one of
those negative battery cut off switches  Moss part 145-795 and the cable
being mounted horizontally instead of vertically can work off the post)  In
a flash I blew out the regulator on my rebuilt Delco- Remy alt. and due to a
backfire blew out the aging muffler.  That's right Jay now I can't hear the
clunk form the rear end.
	has anyone put Super Turbo exhaust system on their six?  I'd like to
replace the regulator on the alternator.  Does anyone know of a source for a
thirty year old regulator or even a shop that has the capacity to repair it?
Any help appreciated.

Bob Rochlin

72 TR6