[TR] TR4 Lever Arm Schock Issues

Will Daehler wdaehler at wi.rr.com
Thu Apr 17 19:31:38 MDT 2008

OK, when I put my car up on blocks for the winter the right hand side lever
shock gurgled.  Positively gurgled, like there was air in places where fluif
should be. I've been looking at the prints, been studying, reading the
manuals, took the wheel off,and I dove in.

I just about got the shock off, I'm stumped at getting a getting the shock
link off.  The car frame is in the way. I try to slide the tip of the shock
link bolt clear of the mounting hole of the plate, and there is not enough
clearance.

I tried jacking up the axle, hoping that the relationship of the leaf
springs and the car frame would shift enough to develop some clearance.
Nope.

The solution is obvious, to disconnect the four bolts of the plate, I'm
trying to avoid shipwright's disease. And I'm not really sure I really want
to disconnect the axle on one side.  The job has mushroomed out of control
already.

Any help offered?

Will in Wisconsin
63 TR4 Powder Blue