[TR] TR4 wheel bearings?

Michael Marr mmarr at notwires.com
Fri Apr 18 09:05:36 MDT 2008

It could be your differential.  Does the whine diminish when you take your
foot off the gas?  Does it diminish while you are cruising on the freeway?
Is it more of a howl than a whine?  Does the pitch change with vehicle
speed, rather than engine speed?  Does it seem to come from the rear of the
car?  If yes to all of these, I would suspect the differential, specifically
the ring gear and pinion.

Mike