[TR] Dealer vs Factory Options

ZoboHerald at aol.com ZoboHerald at aol.com
Tue Apr 29 19:29:16 MDT 2008

In a message dated 4/29/2008 3:47:48 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
supertr6 at earthlink.net writes:

In my  quest to reproduce my window sticker I am curious.  The 1972 MY
suggested prices for the TR6 list the hard top, overdrive, tonneau
cover, wire wheels and red bank tires as the ONLY dealer options.  (I
assume the boot cover was standard????)  So, does anyone have old  price
sheets for the other options?  (IE: USA stripe kit, luggage  rack, air
conditioning, overrider bars, floor mats, AMCO console,  fog/driving
lights, etc.)

==AM==
Although the first set of options you list could have been installed by the
dealer, it would have been almost prohibitively expensive to do so for all but
 the tonneau cover. I'd consider them to be "factory" options. Meanwhile, I
suspect that a boot cover would have been part of the "hardtop package."

As for the second set you list, likely they would actually be
dealer-installed. As I recall, cars on the lot or on the showroom floor with any
dealer-installed items would likely sport an additional sticker listing those  items and
their prices. At least that's what I always remembered seeing here at  the
Albany, NY, area dealers back in the 1970s, especially since almost all of
those items were sourced in the US by BLMC and/or their distributors.

--Andy   Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not  so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with   wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and
Triumph Herald Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)

listings at AOL Autos.