[TR] tr3 best improvement

TeriAnn Wakeman twakeman at razzolink.com
Fri Jul 18 21:34:58 MDT 2008

DLylis at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/18/2008 1:26:20 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
> tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:
>
> Sway  bars front & rear
>

> I have installed a front.  Lets talk about the rear.  What  is recommended?

There are those who believe the TR3 handles better with the front
suspension firmer and the rear suspension left stock or maybe add inch
longer rear shackles to allow more rear suspension travel before lifting
a rear wheel.

There are those who believe that stiffening the rear leads to less
predictable handling  whilst driving on the edge.

I personally would choose a front anti sway bar as the best single
modification from stock followed VERY closely by an overdrive.  But both
were factory options so I guess they would not be considered modifications.

Every wonder why factory competition options include a front anti sway
bar, stiffer front springs but not a rear anti sway bar?

Teriann