[TR] TR3 Oxygen Sensor

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sat Jul 26 05:41:30 MDT 2008

Shopping EBAY for a used TR3A OD switch and a working fuel guage that works with the replacement sending units (couldn't locate one, so if anyone has one for sale contact me off list?), I ran across this:

OXYGEN SENSOR triumph TR3A 60-61 1960 1961 part auto
Item number: 230274790698

So question:  How the heck would an oxygen sensor work in an old Triumph?  Admittedly, I know next to nothing about these new-fangled gadgeted-up tinmobiles.  But doesn't the oxygen sensor send signals to some doohickey that calibrates fuel mixture on a moment to moment basis????  And ain't there no such doohickey in a TR3A???

Terry, '59 TR3A (TS 58667)
New Hampshire