[TR] Crappy Clamps

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 13:58:38 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/28/2008 9:06:35 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
standardtriumph at btinternet.com writes:

Absolutely none of those crappy bent wire hose clamps that knacker the  hoses
in three nano-seconds!
I've specified worm drive type on the grounds  that if they were good enough
for Rolls Royce, Aston
Martin, Jaguar and a  few others - they're good enough for me :) What's more,
if the car does appear
with them in place when I first meet it, they'll be coming off immediately  :)

John,
You mean those famous super grip clamps? I might agree with you on this  one
and take the 1 pt per clamp, 10 pt total deduction maximum per  car too.
Especially problematic are all the new manufacture ones.   They don't seem to be
the right size as original to me.  They always  seem too small or too large and
slightly different than the  originals.   Anyone else notice this?

 Mark my restoration guy had one of the heater hoses on the 3B  double
clamped with a worm gear clamp for the super grip had bottomed out  without sealing
the hose. He told me that I could take it off it I wanted  but watch it.  That
could be and option for you on the Stag.   :)

Cheers,
Darrell

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.