[TR] FW: Re: Trophys & TR's

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Mon Jul 28 19:12:55 MDT 2008

In a message dated 7/28/2008 5:55:19 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
terryrs at comcast.net writes:

...frankly, the only trophy I'm interested in is the fingerprints on  the
hood of fascinated fourteen year olds who discard their everyday disdain  to
light the world with brilliant toothy smiles and energetic thumbs up.

I love it Terry!  A lot of years ago I had a call from a kid in  Missouri (I
lived in Illinois) who lived with his mom on a small farm. He was  maybe 14
years old, and he called to talk to me about an old TR3A he was  "restoring".
After a few calls,  I was curious and I drove over to see what  was going on.
He had acquired a horribly rusty TR3A with no floors and the bottom 6  inches
of all panels, including the apron missing.
He had made new floors using old metal signs. The embossed "Pepsi" I think
helped stiffen the floors some. He had welded/pop rivited  patch panels on  all
the panels. The front apron was missing from about halfway down. He had
welded some rebar and tied chicken wire to it and had fiber glassed it. A really
pretty neat job. He was scrounging parts everywhere, but had no money to
spare.  He went in the house and brought me his pride and joy-a brand new TR3A
grill his  Mom had bought him for Christmas. he rightly pointed out it was
necessary  to  make the grill opening correct. His mom said she had to pay a parts
place $500 for it! This was in 1975.
i sometimes wonder how he made out. I think he probably got it done ok. I
gave himn a fuel tank I had and some other parts.
That car deserves some kind of trophy!
Mike Moore

FanHouse Fantasy Football today.