[TR] starter or battery

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun Jun 8 07:47:14 MDT 2008

On 8 Jun 2008 at 9:25, Mark Hooper wrote:

> So I don't know whether the battery is toast, or the starter
> solenoid is doing something well known.

You have done the obvious and cleaned the batteyr terminals, right?
High resistance between the battery and solenoid would allow the
solenoid to close, but as soon as the starter starts to draw too much
current the voltage at the solenoid would be reduced by that
resistance.  This could immediately cause the solenoid to open.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+