[TR] Apparent vapor lock

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Sun Nov 9 09:18:08 MST 2008

This is something that has happened a few times since this car has  been on
the road and I think I have established a pattern.  The car starts  well and
runs well, and if shut off for, lets say, an hour starts well and runs  well
again.  If shut off for a short period of time, enough so that the  temp gauge
rises because of no circulation/fan,  It starts well, but goes  through periods
of rough running, almost like a plug wire is disconnected (its  not that).  I
can get it to clear, but intermittently returns to rough  running.
I have not continued to drive to see if it permanently clears when the temp
gets back down to 185, as I usually go straight home.  Every time this has
happened I have been close to home.
The coil is hot but not so that I can't touch it, although I would not want
to caress it.  It does not seem unusual.  It seems to be related to  the
elevated motor temperature from being shut off.
Any other suggestions?

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO