[TR] cordless power tools--some lbc content

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Sep 12 18:26:40 MDT 2008

Hello, everyone.

Am building a garage this summer (ehr, Fall, nearly) to house my TR3A and other cars.

It'll be a Triumph to get this thing done (lbc content???)

To the ones who wanted pictures of the post&beam metal socket system, can you remind me who you are?

Question:

I picked up a Craftsman circular saw.  Within 3 weeks, the batteries stopped charging.  Took it back.
Next picked up a Ryobi circular saw.  After 11 2x8 rafters, it went up in smoke.  Took it back to Home Depot, who gave me very little headache.

Any recommendations on this tool?  Am leaning toward a stronger version, probably a Makita, but little literature seems available.  People talk up Dewalt, but have no experience with them.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire