[TR] horns, battery poles

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 14 08:58:32 MDT 2008

List,
My puny 12v portable battery did not have enough power to sound my TR3A's
horns (I could, however, hear the typical
'scratching-needle-on-record-type-hiss').  I also had a small TR4 plastic horn
which the same battery sounded a distinct blast.  Why the difference?  Was
this a cost saving measure that Triumph took or maybe 'electronic
improvement'?
    BTW, I can't remember if I have ever heard what a TR3 horn sounds
like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It's likely I'll have to wait for the "new
store-bought, high CCA, big battery".

Oh yeah, although initially my TR3A will be stock with Positive Grounding, I
have plans to convert it to negative grounding relatively soon after it's
running ok.  With that in mind, as I am shopping for a new battery, shouldn't
I be concerned where the pos. and neg. battery terminals are?  Can these
terminals be located next to the firewall?  If so, that should yield ultimate
flexibility as I could easily turn the battery around (without lengthening
cables, etc., ) as part of the + to - grounding conversion.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey  TR3A  1960

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 926 spam emails to date.