[TR] Installing rear IRS hubs

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Sat Sep 20 15:13:05 MDT 2008

Hello,
I have been trying to install the rear hubs into my '67 TR4A IRS today with
not much luck. Everything was fine until I started to release the strain on
the spring compressor. When I do, the hub rotates about 180 degrees and
locks up. Seems like a U-joint issue but they are all new. I verified that
the grease socket doesn't hit anything. It almost seems like the problem is
that the two u-joints on the half shaft should be clocked 90 degrees from
each other and that would solve it but the shafts are keyed so they only go
on one way.
Anybody run into this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a