[TR] Installing rear IRS hubs

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Sun Sep 21 09:54:14 MDT 2008

Why are you using a spring compressor?  All you need to do in heck up the
car on that side, then put a second jack under the trailing arm, and lift it
a bit.  Then unbolt the shock link for the arm, then gently lower the arm
until the spring disengages.  Then remove the spring and lift the arm back
into "normal" position on the second jack.  THen you can unbolt the hub from
the trailing arm and slife out the outer half of the halfshaft Wire the 2
halves of the half shaft together, or allow the  outer half of the halfshaft
to come free from the inner half.

When the yokes in both sides of the Y-joints are correct the U-joint has an
almost "loose" articulation.

-Tony
----- Original Message ----- > Message: 1