[TR] oil pressure 40-50?

dorpaul dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Tue Sep 23 22:10:36 MDT 2008

I stated my car today for the first time in several years.  The engine has
been rebuilt by professionals.  Doug Mathews and myself installed it.  I knew
it would work cause I had ran it several years ago (since the rebuild),
however, the car had not been wired at that time.  Now the wiring is nearly
complete, and, the engine runs too!  I'm on a winning streak!!

The oil pressure stayed at about 50 at the beginning, but after about 10
minutes of running it started to move to around 40.  I don't remember what is
preferred for a newly run-in engine.  I had added about 2 quarts of some kind
of oil additive because a flaps salesman gave me a 'good pitch' about it's
benifits.  It was proably synthetic.  I'm so gulable!

I decided not to go ahead at this time and buy a battery just yet, as I have
3-4  months worth of work before the car is roadworthy.  I put my truck's
battery in the Tr3 to start it.  If I had known how the starter solenoid is
properly wired to the key switch, I would have cranked it with a key.  I think
my switch is bad.   Instead, I did it the way I've been warned about: by
manually 'jumping-out' the 2 big lugs on the starter solenoid.  It's not a
stock solenoid.  Tomorrow I'll try to make it so that it will start from the
console.
Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3A

--
I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for home users.
SPAMfighter has removed 937 spam emails to date.