[TR] TR6 ammeter peg/starter

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Apr 8 11:39:57 MDT 2009

> Most times I see small discharge when starting so I assumed solenoid pick
> current went through ammeter.

It does.

Not a common problem, AFAIK, but certainly possible that there is an
intermittent short either inside the solenoid, or in the wire from the
switch to the solenoid.  Could also be a problem inside the ignition switch
itself, which IMO is slightly more likely than the other two.

Bad connections can cause all sorts of other problems (ever see a choke
cable start smoking?) but this one I think has to be a "connection" that
should not be, ie a short.

Randall