[TR] TR4 Clutch Adjustment?

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sat Apr 11 20:46:47 MDT 2009

At 05:20 PM 4/11/2009, Paul Willoughby wrote:
>I recently rebuilt the clutch master and slave cylinders on my 64 TR4.  It
>seems that my clutch engages late in the pedal travel, that is, when the pedal
>is almost out.  Which way would I adjust the slave rod to make the clutch
>engage a little sooner when I let out the pedal?  And which hole should the
>rod be connected to?

The pin should go thru the middle hole, although you can get faster
clutch action (and more pedal effort) in the top hole.

The adjustment procedure is to loosen the nut and unscrew the rod
until there is no clearance between the push rod and the operating
piston cup.  Then adjust the jam nut until a 0.1 gap exists between
the clevis fork and the nut.  Without moving the jam nut, screw the
push rod into the clevis until the nut contacts the clevis face, then
tighten the nut.

--
J.C. Hassall
Blacksburg VA