[TR] vin tags

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Apr 27 13:00:28 MDT 2009

> There are pop rivets and there are pop rivets.  I doubt the
> factory used
> anything terribly exotic here but they probably used what is
> sometimes called
> a closed end rivet.

The factory rivets don't appear to be "pop" rivets at all.  Both sides are
swaged like an old-fashioned rivet.  The ones I've cut apart did have a
steel core and alloy outer section, but the core was straight, no 'ball'
section to deform the outer part, and the ends were flat rather than broken.

http://tinyurl.com/dma5af

That said, I've used pop rivets in the past.

Randall