[TR] Hood's OPEN!

GHaynesTR4 at aol.com GHaynesTR4 at aol.com
Wed Aug 5 20:57:29 MDT 2009

It took a combination of things to finally pop my TR4A hood latch open.
The plunger pin on the hood went too deep into the latch and caught on the
fixed plate below.   It had to be coaxed to dislodge itself;   some tapping on
a broom handle did the coaxing.   The hood suffered some distortion in the
process but we seem to have straightened that, too.
Many of you offered suggestions and encouragement.   I tried all but
driving over speed bumps, as the old guy isn't driveable yet.   Soon!   Oh yeah, I
stopped short of cutting the 3x4" hole in the firewall, as Pete Fullam had
to do.   All the help is much appreciated; I was pretty much in panic mode
when it happened.
Hope I can help the next person who has a problem...
George Haynes