[TR] Installing engine in TR2/3

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 9 17:22:18 MDT 2009

On Sunday 09 August 2009 06:53:55 pm Angelo Graham wrote:
> Hello Listers:
> Approaching the engine installation stage on my long TR2 resto and
> wondering if installing engine/trans/od as a unit makes more sense
> than mating trans to engine in the car. The engine compartment is
> freshly painted, so some anxiety around clearances, etc. Have got the
> steering cross-shaft out, so have a bit more clearance from the front.
> Any advice from past experiences? Engine and trans came out
> separately, but that operation is usually easier with old paint in
> engine compartment.
> Thanks for any help with this.
> Angelo Graham
Angelo,

I believe it is easier to install both as a unit. I always have.

You can install the engine separate, but it is not an easy job mating the
trans to the engine. But I also have done it in the past, many years ago when
I was much younger.

Just be careful and get some help to guide the transmission.

Bob