[TR] TR6 black areas, paint , etc Part 1b

Joe Burlein supertr6 at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 14 09:08:49 MDT 2009

These are bits and pieces from emails I've saved for YEARS from the
list.  (Really need to update to a modern BBS system here)

Joe B
72 TR-6

Joe:

Dip stick is gloss black [plated?]
Trunk Lock is silver [plated]
Lower Hood Release is silver [plated]
Wiper motor bracket: the strap is silver [CAD plated] and the bracket is gloss
 black

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6
'59 TR3

Vito,

CF37325U still has its factory paint and the fender bolts and door hinge
bolts are painted body color. As far as any interior door bolts you'll
have to be more specific, as some of the smaller bolts holding the
window stops and channels were not painted. But then they are not
exposed, so I doubt it makes any difference, at least to me anyway.
A bit of warning on sealing the seam between the fenders and body. The
shop that painted CF38690UO felt the seams should be sealed at the
surface so a crack wouldn't be seen. It was a mistake because the body
flexes so much the paint cracks at these seams after a while.
Let me know if I can help further,

Jim Davis
Fortson, GA