[TR] What's Under TR6 Luggage Rack Mounts?

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Thu Aug 20 06:02:11 MDT 2009

When I get to that point - I will be putting some of the 3M Scotchguard
Paint Protection film under the footpads.   I have it as a bug shield on our
cars.  The local installer said that he might be able to get me scraps but I
have seen headlamp kits that could be used.
http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotchgard-PPF/Home/   The
advantage - when the rack is removed for any reason it will 1) not be
visible and 2) won't leave a discoloration where the rubber pads were
sitting (which is what happened to me when I took the car off the road 10
years ago).

Carl