[TR] Tool Storage

Carl TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Thu Aug 27 20:10:55 MDT 2009

Congrats on the garage...  mine has made me a much happy camper working on
the project.

I used a standard furniture mover (18x24 or thereabouts) as a base and built
a rolling pegboard. Could make one just as easily from plywood with rolling
wheels (get the ones that have bearings so they'll roll any directions).
1x4's around the base to make a 'catch-all' then built a frame out of 2x2's
about 40" tall.  Attached an old removable tool box shelf to the top as
another catch all - also has a handle that I can use to move it.  Then put
pegboard on either side of the 2x2 for hanging the tools.  When not in use
it rolls real easily into a nook I have next to the tool bench.   I don't
have pictures but can get them if wanted.    Oh, I also put 2x2 bracing on
either end/both sides from the frame down to the dolly base for stability.
Works like a charm.

Carl