[TR] Starter wire

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 31 19:02:11 MDT 2009

> I noticed another wire that was wrapped in the harness along with the thin
> spade connection wire I just connected.
> This wire was broken off from something (bare wire).
> Does anyone know where this wire connects to?

I would guess that it's the white/yellow wire that should run from the
starter solenoid to the ignition coil.  It's function is to bypass the
ballast resistor while the engine is cranking, for (theoretically) easier
starting (primarily in cold weather).  If you only drive the car in warm
weather (and I'm right about what it is), you can probably just leave it
disconnected.

> My starter has one male spade connector and the heavy hex nut connection
> for the battery.

Should be a second, smaller male spade, but it sometimes gets broken off or
may be missing from replacement solenoids.

-- Randall