[TR] installing rubber suspension bushings

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 21:31:14 MST 2009

----- "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar at earthlink.net> wrote:

> To All,
>
> Today, a few local Triumph club members got together to install some
> suspension parts onto a new RatcoTR6 frame. We were trying to install
> hard rubber bushings into the rear trailing arms and the lower front
> "A" arms. Long story short, it did not go well. I'm looking for advice
> as to how others have accomplished this task. I'm not looking for
> bushings.

Sorry I was not able to stick around longer.  Also sorry that it didn't go well after I left.

More-substantial and more slippery lube seems to me the answer.  I don't know anything about the plumber's lube recommended by others, but it's worth a shot.

1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L
1979 Caterham 7
1994 Miata C-package
2004 Suburban 8.1