[TR] FS 924 lock insert, Ignition switch

Pete Groh pete_groh at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 31 10:29:20 MST 2009

Selling a used switch on e-bay, I would show the Lucas part number when you place the ad. It has been me experience that the FS### lock inserts were used on late mode cars around 63' on up depending what was left on the shelf. The Triumph Spitefire and MG Midget switch I purchase at flea market usully had the key code number stamped on the face.

Looking for lock insert with the letters/number FA 511 & FS 955.

Believe the British car industry stop showing the key code number on the face of the switch to prevent theft. I have a old copy of Road and Track with a picture of two Bobbie's with one looking in the window to see the key code number and 2nd one with a box of pre-cut keys on the ground to look the key that will open the door.

George, I can advise you of the use of the switch with the Part number found on the side of the switch.

Happy New Year

Pete Groh (KeyGuy)
9957 Frederick Rd
Ellicott City, Md. 21042-3647 U.S.A.