[TR] Fuel pump safety switch

aribert at c3net.net aribert at c3net.net
Wed Jan 7 09:52:38 MST 2009

For North American listers, I used a cut out switch from a late '80s
vintage Ford.  Specifically, I used one from a Taurus.  I went to a serve
yourself type of a salvage yard and bought the connector and a length of
harness for a dollar or two (this was 5 or 6 years ago) and bought a new
switch from the dealer (at that time about $14).  THe switch is typically
located on the left rear quarter inner and it has a reset switch.  I have
seen this (same?) switch in the racer catalogs at about $60.

This is an inertia activated switch.