[TR] Several Team Net "mail list"questions

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu Jun 4 11:07:36 MDT 2009

> 1.  How does one know if a posting is too long - does one get an error
> message?

Nope, it just "falls on the floor".  Sometimes the janitor will pick it out
of the sweepings and pass it along, but most often it gets lost when the bit
bucket is emptied.  The limit is fairly low, I think around 1000 characters.

> 2.  How does one sign up to be able to post from an alternative e-mail
> address

There may be other ways, but the only permanent one I know is to subscribe
your alternate address; and then mark it to not receive posts (assuming you
don't want two copies).  However, if it's just a temporary thing, then you
can just change your list address on the options page.  Of course that means
the posts will also go to your new address.

-- Randall