[TR] TR3 Rear Shock Absorbers

Todd Richmond twr at frii.com
Sun Jun 21 21:24:24 MDT 2009

Thanks to all that responded to my inquiries about the
TR3 lever shocks.  One thing I'm still not clear on is
what the consensus is on the stiffness of the rear
suspension as a whole.  Some seemed to suggest a softer
ride might be desirable, and attainable by greasing the
leaf springs.  Others commented that a stiffer shock
response can be attained by switching to a higher
viscosity oil in the shocks.

So, I'm interested to hear what others think on this
topic.  Are TR3's too stiff, or not stiff enough?  I
guess it depends on personal preference and what kind
of driving you're planning on doing, but I'm still
curious to hear what people think.  After all, I've
never actually ridden in a TR3 yet.   :)

Todd Richmond
Fort Collins, Colorado
1959 TR3A TS54425L