[TR] Triumphest/VTR info

Dennis N Culligan dncullig at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 4 12:30:27 MST 2009

>There should be a special prize for those
>who drive to and from the event.
  I believe a Jag club tried this years ago.  They gave it up
when it was determined (after the fact) that  the award winner
had trailered his car to within 20 miles of the event and then
claimed he'd driven hundreds of miles (what some people
will do for a $10 trophy!).

>Every hour of driving equals two hours of cleaning
   No one cleaned a car like Jim Holewka from NJTA.  He'd
drive one of his TR6s to the event, thoroughly thrash it and then
put it up on jackstands in the hotel parking lot and spend hours
cleaning it inside and out. And he has the trophies to prove it
can be done.

>Herman would win it every year.
   If there's a Long Distance Award this year, I'm guessing it
will be hard to beat a Stag driven by a Mr. Macartney.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U - TR6IUMPH