[TR] TR 250 Speedometer Cable

Roger Elliott elliottr at rmi.net
Sun May 3 17:35:26 MDT 2009

Hi

Is there an easy way to replace the speedometer cable on a TR250 with
overdrive? I think the overdrive is a J type  - the cable is on the
passenger side.

I have the car jacked up, but I can't get my hand on the transmission
end of the cable to unscrew it.  It is right above the transmission
mount, which is right above the exhaust pipe.  I can see it, but that is
about all.

It looks like removing the transmission cover is the way to go, but I
wondered if some one has come up with a trick.  I was going to try to
just  replace the inside cable, but the new one I got is a different
length so I will need to return it before I can try that.

Thanks,

Roger