[TR] Early TR4 windshield cap and cockpit trim

nwolf at u.washington.edu nwolf at u.washington.edu
Thu May 14 17:33:39 MDT 2009

Hi Darrell

>On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:12 PM, <TR250Driver at aol.com> wrote:
>    Hey Nick,
>    CT 5521 LO has the chrome capping.  It is not magnetic as far as I can
> tell for it will not attract my magnets. I am going to say that it is about
>the same as the aluminum versions. When did that chrome version end?  Not
>sure at all on that and neither is TRA or VTR.  You can bet that not more
>than the 5521 cars came with it, anyone with a later car?  [...]
>    Cheers,
>    Darrell

   Thanks for the data point!  So far I've got:
CT 217 L - Chrome
CT 288 L - Chrome
CT 1050 L - Chrome
CT 1272 L - Chrome
CT 1798 L - Chrome
CT 2966 - Chrome
CT 3154 LO - Chrome
CT 4852 L - Aluminum
CT 5027 L - Aluminum
CT 5521 LO - Chrome
CT 6057 L - Aluminum
CT 10077 L - Aluminum
CT 11880 L - Aluminum

...which does make your car the latest chromie.  I know you've speculated in the past that yours is unusual in other respects... a possible CKD kit... so, maybe that is part of the explanation?

   Beyond that, I'm hearing from other people that the chrome on some cars is magnetic, and on others not magnetic, wich means that question is still up in the air.  Maybe there are brass AND steel versions.
   Need more data!  =)

   And by the way, I'm still collecting "Body-In-White" numbers, in case anyone happens to have their left rear wheel off and is willing to scrape off a bit of paint and contribute to that dataset:

CT 133 - ZS 010166
CT 1798 L - ZS 17010
CT 2846 L - ZS 012911
CT 5521 LO - ZS 16435