[TR] Pinion Seal R&R TR3/4

LT llst at shaw.ca
Mon May 18 22:43:16 MDT 2009

Geo I did mine recently and pulled the driveshaft. Don't recall if it was necessary but I did regrease the ujoints at the same time.

I was able to undo the front one from underneath, a lot of effort but I did not feel like taking the tranny cover off.
Found the bolt holes on the flanges had enlarged so I used metric bolts to compensate for the wear.

Larry

/Am I correct in guessing that to remove the flange and get at the pinion
seal I need only undo the rear end of the driveshaft, propping it up and out
of my way?  (i.e the front driveshaft flange remains bolted to the gearbox
output)

Yes, I could just try it and see but if I have to completely remove the
driveshaft I would prefer to do the front connection first before getting
the car up and me under.  Thanks for any advice./

Geo