[TR] TR3 distributor orientation

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon May 18 23:33:06 MDT 2009

> Anyway, found that the distributor dropped onto the oil pump
> shaft slot in only one orientation. Looks like it should be
> able to mate up if it is rotated 180 however it does not.

That's right, the blade is slightly off-center so it mates only one way.

> I did disassemble the distributor to look at and lubricate
> the innards and am wondering if I put something back together 180 out.

Could be.  The hole through the dog & shaft is also supposed to be offset so
it only goes one way, but you wouldn't be the first to force it back
together wrong.

Or it might have been wrong when you took it apart.  The distributor dog
actually mates with a gear inside the pedestal; which can be meshed with the
camshaft wrong.

Randall