[TR] Woodland, CA British Car Show Pictures

David Gunn ccgunn1010 at hotmail.com
Wed May 20 10:31:50 MDT 2009

Hi All - As promised, I have posted pictures from the British Car Show at
Woodland, CA last Sunday.  They are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dgunn/sets/72157618394336944/detail/

I don't mean to brag, but I have won 1st place (participant's choice) in both
the Chico and Woodland shows.  The class in the Chico show was TR2-4A, and the
class at the Woodland show was TR2-3B.

(Lou - Please note that the bonnet and boot are both up!!)

Woodland is about 1 1/2 - 2 hours from my home, and the temperature was
projected to exceed 105F.  Needless to say, I was a little worried about
overheating.  The trip down was wonderful.  I left at 6AM, and drove past rice
fields and orchards, and reveled in the coolness.  The temp gauge stayed right
at 185.  On the return trip, I left Woodland at about 3PM - the hottest part
of the day.  While I sweltered, the car performed wonderfully.  At speed,
about 60-65 MPH, the temp hovered a little over 185.  When I had to stop or
slow down in the small towns, it never went over about 207.  I was very
pleasantly surprised.

For those who are curious, I am completely stock.  I have a stock radiator and
a stock 4 bladed fan.  I use a 50/50 coolant mixture, and have never added any
additives.  When I first started redoing the car, I took the radiator into a
radiator shop, and had them clean it out.  I also flushed the engine as best I
could.  Maybe it is because of the narrow mouth on the TR2?

I just want to thank all of you for all of the help that you have given me.
While I am primarily a "lurker", I have a file drawer in my shop full of
printed e-mail responses to questions.  You guys are wonderful.

Enjoy the pictures.

BTW, I will be at the Triumphest/VTR in San Luis Obispo in October.

David Gunn

1954 TR2 Coupe (for now)

TS3388L

Chico, CA