[TR] Intro & conversation starter

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Thu Nov 5 17:41:27 MST 2009

On 5 Nov 2009 at 18:40, Jim Coleman wrote:

> I do know enough about the Six when compared with the
> Spitfire to say that it probably makes for a better highway
> car and is very capable of keeping up with and exceeding much
> of the traffic.

Curiously enough, there used to be common saying among the non-
cognescenti "Spitfires are great highway cars."  When I bought mine a
few decades ago my insurance agent even said it to me.  I can't
disagree but I wondered at the time where the reputation came from.
The thing is, they are quite stable on the highway, have no trouble
maintaining speed, don't mind running hard for long periods.  But do
look for overdrive.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com