[TR] TR3 frt. brake dust shields

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Nov 7 16:09:05 MST 2009

In a message dated 11/7/2009 1:07:41 PM Central Standard Time,
agraham at execulink.com writes:
> Just wondering how many TR3 owners are still using the dust shields
> on their front brakes? Are they really necessary? Can understand why
> competition prepared '3s do not use them, but how necessary are they
> for street use?
> Trying to piece together a front disc set-up and many of the dust
> shields I have found have broken mounting tabs.
> Thanks for any insights.
> Angelo Graham

Good question and timely, too.  My TR3 came without dust shields.  I
chalked it up to the DPO and was looking at fitting some TR6 shields that I have
as spares.  I even powder coated them. ;-)

So, were they stock on a 57 and will TR6 shields fit?

Dave