[TR] [6pack] Replacing TR6 Door Glass

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 5 07:34:16 MST 2010

On Saturday, December 04, 2010 07:16:07 pm TR250Driver at aol.com wrote:
> Hey Guys,
> I shattered the TR6 door glass drivers side.  I managed to get the  panel
> off and most of the glass pieces out.  Now I am curious on how to  proceed?
> I can take the metal piece that holds the bottom of  the glass out now that
> no glass is attached.  It as rubber surrounding the  glass bottom that all
> fits in a groove.  Do I install the new glass first  with this out of the
> door?  Do I put it back in the door and try to install  the glass with it
> in place?
> I am clueless,
> Darrell
> This is justified punishment for my slamming the Six door way too  hard.
> Wham, I really had no idea one could shatter the glass into a  zillion
> little pieces.
Darrel,

I am not sure if this is the answer you require, but after performing that
task about a month ago I can say is that the metal bar should be attached to
the glass first to insure it is in the correct location then you can then
remove the 7 bolts that connect the window hardware and then slide the glass
in from above. Also loosen the bolts that hold the window guides. It is best
to have some help in attaching the window hardware to the metal window guide.
If I remember correctly, I slid on the rear most part of the hardware to the
guide then the front. The rest is just aligning the window with the hardware
attachments and then tightening the glass guides to insure proper movement up
and down.

Now, my glass already had the metal guide bar attached. I am sure someone has
the measurements of where to place the bar. Just remember to orientate the bar
so the guide groves are facing inward.

Bob