[TR] It's not goodbye, just farewell...

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Mon Dec 27 09:59:28 MST 2010

----- Original Message -----

> From: "LBC.Resto" <lbc.resto at verizon.net>
>> Phil,
>
> I had the pleasure of being in the group that escorted John MaCartney
> and
> uncle jack across Chester County, PA.
>
> Thanks
> Ian
> 62 TR4

I had the pleasure of escorting John from Iowa to Fargo North Dakota.  I expect the drive was more scenic in your case.  As I told John at the time, "There are some wonderful sports-car and scenic drives in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.  You are not going to see any of them."

I have not been in Chester County, but Sue and I did get to some of the covered bridges in Lancaster County.  Unfortunately not in uncle jack, but in our Suburban while we were in Pennsylvania for the Lotus Owners Gathering in Gettysburg.

I wish you the best of luck in finding a proper home for your TR4.  Mine wound up going to a new owner in San Antonio Texas (where I bought it) through the efforts of bringatrailer.com.  I'm wishing all the best for it back in it's old stomping grounds.

uncle jack didn't make it out to any of the major Triumph gatherings in 2010, but it will be going back to Fargo for the Rendezvous in June, and to the VTR convention in Colorado in August.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
2004 Suburban 8.1
2005 Lotus Elise
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net