[TR] TR2/3 instrument mounting

Hans de Ferrante tr3 at roadrunner.com
Mon Jul 12 18:46:42 MDT 2010

>> A question about mounting the instruments and the use of "O" rings. I
>> ordered a set of "O" rings from TRF and understand they fit between
>> the
>> instrument bezel and the dash panel. Is there any type of sealing
>> between the glass and instrument case? I removed my temp gauge and
>> couldn't find any remnants of a gasket between the bezel and dash. It
>> looked as though there was something between the glass and the case -
>> just found some black remnants.

Angelo, when I overhauled mine I found remnants  of rather thin o-
rings in the bezel. I found  some in the  Ace hardware store in the
plumbing section (sprinkler  repair parts, I  think) that were thin
enough but slightly too large in diameter. Since a complete seal is
not necessary, I cut out a section to make it fit. That worked
perfectly. It is lot less messy than some sort of liquid sealer.

Hans