[TR] Moss Video to test Lucas generator

Cosmo Kramer tr4a2712 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 31 05:15:17 MDT 2010

Hi List & Bob!

Since I have received 2 TRIUMPH Digest without a reply, then I'm sending this
again for an answer to my 1st post:
------------------------------

Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 10:15:39 -0400
From: Bob <yellowtr at adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Moss Video to test Lucas  generator

If I remember correctly, the way I test a generator is to attach a + lead to
ground on the generator from the battery and - to both the small and large
spade connectors and if the generator spins like a motor it is good to go. I
am sure there are other ways to check out each circuit with a meter. I
believe
there is a diagnostic on the web somewhere to check the entire charging
circuit.
The reply sent & the question that I would like answered, PLEASE:

Hi Bob!

Is this set-up for a gen. that is normally (+) earth {Like TR4's} or (-) earth
{Like TR4A's}  when in the car?

Because if it's for (+) earth cars, then switching the leads would be for the
(-) earth cars?

I wouldn't want to try this & find that it shorted it out because of the
Gen.'s polarity was different.
-Cosmo Kramer