[TR] TR2/3 gas tank question

Angelo Graham agraham at execulink.com
Wed Oct 6 12:37:27 MDT 2010

  Hello List:
Re-installing my gas tank after it has been sitting indoors for some
time. I originally had the tank cleaned at a rad shop and I sprayed the
inside liberally with engine storage spray before storing it. The tank
looked great, with no crud or rust on the inside. The tank now has a
light coat of powdery rust on some of the inside panels.
I sloshed a mixture of gasoline/varsol around the tank and it came out
rust brown. Can't see beyond the baffles in the tank, but it does look
cleaner where the solvent/gasoline washed it.
Should I expect problems from this light coating of rust? Will it
overwhelm the in-line gas line filter in short order? The rad shop
fellow said it shouldn't be a problem.
Any advice on this?
Thanks in advance.
Angelo Graham