[TR] Installing '59 TR3A Rear interior Pannels

suhringtr36 at comcast.net suhringtr36 at comcast.net
Sun Oct 10 19:52:11 MDT 2010

I was able to install the inner wheel well covers on my TR3A this weekend with
good results. The next step after installing the rear panel that covers the
gas tank, and the rear cappings, is the two side panels. I can see the holes
that the finishing screws go into on the body, and the holes on the
capings,that line up with these but the interior panels do not have any holes
except for the two large holes for the screws to go through that secure the
top bow. I thought I could put the screws in and put a touch of paint on the
heads (taping them first) and then push the panel in place to mark the
location of the holes, then punch through using an awl. Also, I assume that
the B post that has the strip of wood also takes some screws, but without the
holes in the panel, and none on the wood (I had to replace these as the
originals were roted out), I am not sure where these would go. Any thoughts
from those that have BTDT on how to get these holes marked correctly so that
all line up properely?  TIA

Scott Suhring
Mechanicsburg, PA
'70 TR6