[TR] crank pulley

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Tue Oct 12 19:14:56 MDT 2010

Hi all;

I take the middle ground here. My opinion is that, as Randall says, the
pulley's likely to last for the remainder of your driving season. As Bob
suggests, it could suddenly get worse and then it could easily lead to
catastrophic failure.

Because I love driving my car so much, I'd probably keep going until the
end of the season, knowing something dramatic might happen and being ready
for the potential of vast expense and inconvenience. If you're more of a  "do
it by the book" guy, maybe more into preservation than driving it for
today,  then parking it would be the right option.

As for Bob's comment on an electric fan: While the front apron was off to
renew the rattly timing chain, I had the radiator recored with a thicker
core  & no starting handle hole, fitted the Moss TR6 fan conversion and
installed  a BPNW uprated water pump. The result is amazing; no more cooling issues
at all.  And no electrical connections to go wrong on the way to the
fan....Just my  opinion!

Tim