[TR] TR3 carb rebuild H6 DIFF

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 16 20:57:48 MDT 2010

I'm BACK (too)!
But Frank's issue reminds me of a problem that has bothered my H6 carbs.
Since my car doesn't run (for how many years now?) what I'm gonna say isn't
actually a fix, but maybe a way I'll live with my "JET/NEEDLE MISALIGNMENT
PROBLEM".  rEMEMBER: I've never driven a Triumph before, so that's my
disclaimer, YMMV

But, Both of my carb's pistons drop with a nice click, if and only if, I
totally unscrew the plastic dashpot caps on the top of the carbs.
However, I've been told that their apt to shoot out these little plungers
out of their pistons upon accleration or something.  Soo, why not find a
wire,string, tape (and hose clamp) or something to keep them from shooting
out too far?  I know i'll proably loose some Marvel Mystified oil or
something.  And it's not a fix nnor nothin, but, it keeps things from
binding.  Maybe the little plungers aren't properly centered or the piston
covers are out of whack, what else could cause this?

I hope Frank happens upon a 'real fix' for his problem. My problem may not
be fixable.
Thanks, Paul Dorsey  60 TR3