[TR] Dan Masters Wiring Harness

Jim Wallace grandfatherjim at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 09:56:34 MDT 2010

Guy,
I have installed a kit on my 3A. Dan was most helpful as I wanted to do a
somewhat custom version, shortening the fuse/relay panel and mounting it on
the firewall, using a solenoid stud as a main power distribution point, and
a couple of other things I forget right now.
My background is electronics so I have no troubles with schematics and
wiring stuff but I am sure for those less familiar the tech. support would
be very helpful indeed.
Others have covered most points already but I would highlight one con - the
wire diameters. They are all bigger than necessary, just on principle I
think. No harm in this and perhaps even some small benefit but not
significant in my opinion. If it were an option, I would prefer smaller
wire. Where before I had the harness going through one hole in the firewall,
it now is split into two sections and has to go through two holes, for
example. Also when working behind the dash where the gauges are, it's a bit
tough to route these thick wires around and through tight spaces.
All told it's a great improvement though. One I finally finish the last bits
of wiring I will surely lose my grumpiness about the diameters, and just
enjoy the reliable electrics.
Jim
From: "Guy D. Huggins" <guy at genfiniti.com>

Listers,
I am seriously thinking of purchasing and installing the Advanced Auto Wire
kit as part of my TR4A restoration.
What do those who have made this same decision think about the kit?
What are the gotchas, etc?

I'm wanting to learn more about the good, bad and ugly of this kit.

Cheers,

Guy